Status of PEP's?

Samuele Pedroni pedronis at bluewin.ch
Tue Mar 5 19:09:22 EST 2002

> Interesting observation.  But actually, we very much chose those forms to
> "underline" not to "hide" the fact that numbers are first-class objects in
> Smalltalk (as they are also in Python).

Yup that's the current Smalltalk cult <wink>.
But it is not the impression I had reading the Alan Key's
paper about the history of Smalltalk.
There were all the aspects together: everything as an object
as hard-core CS abstraction (like eval and lists and function
invokation in lisp), as a natural mapping from the real word
in the computer world, and the english-like aspect.

My question is about newbies (kids in Alan Key's case),
as I said I cannot answer myself, and it seems
you can't either <wink>.

regards, Samuele Pedroni.