python 2.1.2, Linux and 'os' library: bug or (bad) feature?

Pawel Oleksik oleksik at awa.mat.agh.edu.pl
Mon Mar 25 10:06:55 EST 2002

Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> Pawel Oleksik wrote:
>> No way! And as I've written above: python 2.1.1,
>> 2.1.0, and 2.0.1 work OK.
>
> can you spot the bug?

[...]
> </F>

OK, OK, my previous statement was to categorical. I don't know where the
problem has come from.

I've found the problem several weeks ago and it was tested on two
computers. (Because of it I had to downgrade py to 2.1.1 on every station I
worked on.)
Unfortunately a system on both of them has been completely 'reorganized',
so now I cannot get the configuration from the time the problems had been faced.

Additionally, on Friday I downloaded py 212 again to verify my thesis and
to give you some snapshots. But now, (un!)fortunately, it works quite well.
So, until I found the 'proper' configuration I may be treated here as someone
who met the UFO.

best regards
 p.o.