Sendkeys without Scripting Host

David Rushby woodsplitter at rocketmail.com
Thu Mar 28 18:32:44 EST 2002

"Harald Schneider" <h_schneider at marketmix.com> wrote in message news:<a7vepu$nqu$01$1 at news.t-online.com>...
> Hi,
>
> is there a possibility to use sendkeys() without scripting host installed?
> Are there any
> extentions available for python?
>
> Thanks for your answers!
> Harald

There's a small module by Paulo Soares that might work:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/1999-May/002986.html

The module included in that post is a base64-encoded zip file that
includes a .pyd for Python 1.5.  I took the liberty of base64-decoding
it, compiling it against Python 2.2, and posting it here:
http://thor.prohosting.com/~drushby/files/simpscrp-for-python2.2.zip

As for operating system support, here's what the included file
PlayKeys.h says:
"""
SendInput is supported by NT4 SP3, Win2000, and Win98.  PlayKeys
checks if USER32.DLL exports SendInput before any other processing.
If this code must run on an operating system that does not have
SendKeys, you might be able to use the keybd_event.
"""

I distinctly recall using simpscrp on Windows 95, but I believe IE 5
was installed; the Scripting Host may have come with it.