Java and Python

Gerhard Häring gerhard at bigfoot.de
Wed Mar 20 02:14:13 EST 2002

(Followup-To set to comp.lang.python, as this doesn't have any
relevance to Java any more)

Ahmed Moustafa wrote in comp.lang.python:
> How about web development?

A little research of yourself would tell you all you need to know, but
I'm happy to give my informed opinion ;-)

Web development is one area where Python really shines. Almost all of
the Python users I know personally use it for web development.

My biggest webapp was build an online shop system with Python and
MySQL. From scratch, with its one templating system (of course),
dynamic site navigation and all that stuff. Development time was only
some 6 to 8 weeks.

All the rest at http://www.python.org/topics/web/

> Also, how is Python doing in the embedded applications?

It's possible, but people using it for this are certainly a minority
among Python developers.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930