keyword args - subclassing built-ins

arthur.siegel at rsmi.com arthur.siegel at rsmi.com
Tue Mar 26 10:36:34 EST 2002

Using keyword args seems to be a no go when subbing at least
numeric type builtins.  This seems to hold even when introducing
**kw down the road in the chain in a class multi-inheriting from a
class derived from a builtin and a classic class.

Or else I'm just confused again.

Is anyone aware of documentation on the use of keywords
with subs of built-ins.

I am aware of the __new__ syntax, and expect my answer might
be there somewhere - but  I am not sure I can get the behavior
I am looking for since __new__ is static.

Art