What am I doing wrong with urllib.urlopen() ?

Hernan M. Foffani hfoffani at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 10:48:07 EST 2002

"Jose Rivera" <jriveramerla at yahoo.com> escribió
> The URL calculated :

http://avisos.elnorte.com/casa_venta_result.asp?fotos=0&Order=order+by+colo
nia&Precio_i=-1&Presentacion=Tabla&Precio_f=-1&PLANTAS=0&pagina=1&id_inmueb
le=3&dia=&RECAMARAS=0&constr_f=-1&COLONIA=0&BANOS=0&Tipo=CASAS&Constr_i=-1&
Terreno_i=-1&Terreno_f=-1&zona=0

>  works on my PC, but:
>
> The first time it gives me the error that you said, but a click on the
> http address of iExplorer and an enter on the keyboard load
> succesfully the page.

sorry, but i've got the same error here. are you sure you are not getting
the page content from the cache?
urllib.urlopen() is the same as opening the html page as a local file.
(except of course if the site is playing with your browser using plugins,
for
instance.)

if you still have problems, another thing you can try is to use COM to
drive IExplorer from python. you'll need the win32all package or the
ActiveState Python distrbution for this.

but still you have to parse that page to get the data afterwards.

connecting to some port/account/whatever to get the raw data, as
another poster suggests, seems the way you'd want to go.

regards,
-hernan