Skin-style application using Tkiner

Andy dzieju at albatros.gliwice.pl
Thu Mar 7 05:37:44 EST 2002

Hello,

I made an attempt to write an application that would have skin-style
support, much as WinAmp/XMMS do. (It is meant to be multiplatform app, but
currently it's being developed on MSWindows). To get rid of standard window
border, I used the OVERRIDEREDIRECT method. But this method causes the
window to be ignored by the window manager, so you can't access the window
by pressing Alt-Tab. It also doesn't appear in the Windows taskbar (it's not
possible to ICONIFY the window with the overrideredirect flag set).

I would appreciate any help on how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

---Andy---