Where is/What happened to ActivePython (PythonWin) 2.2 ?!

Shiv Shankar Ramakrishnan rshivs at nospam.hotmail.com
Wed Mar 27 21:17:32 EST 2002

Hi,
I've wondering wondering why ActivePython (PythonWin) 2.2 hasn't been out
yet?! Its been almost a quarter since Python 2.2 was release and yet
ActivePython 2.2 is still in Alpha! I've contacted ActiveState at least
twice in the past about this and the last time (some weeks back) they told
me likely next week we will release it, but nothing yet. And that's why I'm
posting here now.

Anyone knows just what in the world is going on? Has something happened
(heaven forbid!) to the lead dev for ActivePython that they are so woefully
behind now? Or is ActiveState not bothered about Python at all and more
bothered about other things like Perl, Komodo etc? Thats their preorgative
of course but I like the PythonWin IDE and now I can only get that with
ActivePython since Mark Hammond moved there. Shouldn't there be some
alternative source for getting PythonWin? How about the main Python
distribution also doing PythonWin from CVS?

I searched the newsgroup archives and I found this -
Date: 2001-10-29 18:01:02 PST
Mark is not very involved in ActivePython. He is more involved with
ActiveState's Komodo project. ActivePython 2.2 will be released within a
few days of Python 2.2. We will probably have another beta over the next
month also.
 Paul Prescod (paulp at ActiveState.com)

A few days after Python 2.2? Its been several months now.

Anyone care to comment?
Thanks,
Shiv