I imaplib reliable?

Alex Quinn see-message at for.real.address.org
Fri Mar 22 21:06:02 EST 2002

Hi,

We're looking at making a special purpose web mail folder for a spam filter
interface for an ISP.  It will view the contents of an IMAP mailbox.  Our
first idea is to do the whole thing with Python and its imaplib.  I'm just
not sure if Python's imaplib has been war tested.  This will be pointed at
the local IMAP server only, but it needs to be able to reliably handle a
fairly large volume of mail (maybe 20% of 5000 customers' mail) without
failure.

If you have similar experience, I'd greatly appreciate your insight.

Thanks,
Alex Quinn

alexquinn...........the
org....................inconvenience