Good book on Python?

Gonçalo Rodrigues op73418 at mail.telepac.pt
Thu Mar 14 09:58:09 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:26:01 +0000, Antonis C Koutalos <ack at ee.ed.ac.uk>
wrote:

>Hi there,
> I would greatly appreciate information about a good book on python. I
>have been programming C for a few years, but I know next to nothing about
>python. Therefore, I would appreciate a book that describes the basics of
>python as well as the more advanced features of the language.
>
>Thank you in advance!
>
>-A.

To learn the language itself there's no better than the online
tutorials. Start there.

As for books, I recently bought a copy of M. Lutz's Programming Python
and I like it very much. Note though, that this book is for people that
already have experience with Python. It is a sort of "what can you do
with Python" in several areas (sysadmin, GUI's via Tkinter, etc.) and,
as I said before, i like it very much.

Hope it helps,
Gonçalo Rodrigues