basic statistics in python

Louis Luangkesorn lluang at northwestern.edu
Thu Mar 14 15:25:24 EST 2002

The stats module in scipy and the one by Gary Strangman mentioned by
another poster are one and the same.  Let's see, basic stuff like mean
and standard deviation has been tested against certified results (see
the unit tests for the stats module. I have an updated copy that I'm
working on if that helps).  I don't recognize bi-serial correlations,
but when I test spearman and pearon's they fail depending on the inputs
(I'm writing unit tests for stats.py. If anyone has a burning desire (or
any desire at all) to rewrite the correlation test, I can email (or
update the CVS) what I have now so you can get some test cases.   Now
that I've finished my proposal defense I can think about these things again)

Louis

--
K Louis Luangkesorn
lluang at northwestern.edu  http://pubweb.nwu.edu/~kll560  PGP:0xF3E2D362

Whatsoever things are true, ... honest, ... just, ... pure, ... lovely, ... of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
     - motto - Northwestern University