[ANN] istring 1.0.1 released; announce list created

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Wed Mar 13 23:01:20 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:51:43 -0700, "Bjorn Pettersen" <BPettersen at NAREX.com> wrote:

>> From: Bengt Richter [mailto:bokr at oz.net]=20
[... something to make Andreas' code deliver escaped quotes ...]
[...]
>>                AND      name =3D 'O\'Hara'
>
>Except that's not how SQL is quoted (It should have been 'O''Hara').
>Besides, anyone not using bound variables must be crazy <wink>

The escaping is Ok either way for MySQL, IIRC ;-) The class is kind of funny the
way it wound up (irrelevant wrapper for a variable in a loop). I was thinking something
bigger, but then I wanted a quick and dirty demo to make the given formatting code work
unchanged.

But if there's a place for config data that connects to a particular database engine,
it could probably also have the name of a module with suitable encoding functions?

Or is the problem connecting to a totally unknown end database engine type? ODBC?

Regards,
Bengt Richter