socket

Billy Ng evebill8 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 15 03:00:33 EST 2002

I am trying to write a python program to verify the email address.  Here is
what I am going to do:

Establish the connection to the <smtp_server>t:25
If I get code 220
   send command HELO:<domain>
If I get code 250
  send command MAIL FROM:<sender address>
If I get code 250
  send command RCPT TO:<recipient address>
If I get code 550
   the recipient address does not exist
else
   the recipient address exists

In fact, I could send VRFY:<recipient address> to shorten the code, but I
notice so many SMTP server does not allow VRF command.  I also notice the
many SMTP server denies the RCPT TO command too.  If you have down something
like this, please tell how did you do it.

Thanks in advance!

Billy Ng