CP4E was Re: Deitel and Deitel Book...

Gustavo Cordova gcordova at hebmex.com
Thu Mar 7 10:19:45 EST 2002

> By contrast, the child can't converse effectively with his peers for
> three to four years, and can't hold his own in a conversation with an
> adult for even longer than that.

This is a little something which has always piqued my
curiosity. It's true that children sometimes don't make
much sense to us ("TO US") until they have breached a
certain threshold in knowledge / social rules / vocabulary.

But, what about identical twins, who speak their own language
well before they start speaking their parents? Aren't they
communicating with their peer(s)?

I'm not criticising your comment, actually I'm probably
proving it by providing the exception :-)

Sometimes I wonder if I'd have twice the fun if I was two,
er, had a twin. :-) Or maybe I'd be twice as silly and make
half as much sense.

Have a nice thursday :-)

-gustavo