Is current integer for-loop syntax a wart?

John Schmitt jschmitt at ati.com
Fri Mar 8 19:46:27 EST 2002

[...]
> -Not a wart
> This is the most pythonic way to write an integer for loop.
> I would oppose
> almost any change.
[...]

Definitely NOT a wart.

Is it?  Other people have said things to that effect too.  To me it looks
straightforward, unambiguous and explicit.  I fail to see anything awkward
or annoying about it.  'Awkward' and 'annoying' sound like aesthetic issues
to me.

I have yet to see any proposed syntax that is more obvious, or has more
generality, or has fewer restrictions.  The proposal should improve at
*least one* of these in order to be adopted by the community.

John