Ugly little issue with Tkinter - Pmw.Counter - datatype

Matthew Dixon Cowles matt at mondoinfo.com
Fri Mar 29 20:34:53 EST 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 16:17:39 -0600, Paul Sage <psage at ncaustin.com> wrote:

>The function header currently looks like this:
>
>def custom_counter_body(self, text, factor, increment):
>
>I need it to look like this:
>
>Def custom_counter_body(self, text, factor, increment, thePlayer)

Dear Paul,

I suspect that you could use an object with a __call__method.  You
could store the state when creating the object and have the __call__
method take the arguments that Pmw supplies. Something like this might
work:

class callbackObject:
  def __init__(self,thePlayer):
    self.thePlayer=thePlayer
  def __call__(self, text, factor, increment):
    # Do something involving those arguments
    # and self.thePlayer
    return 42

Regards,
Matt