Older Python bug entries on SourceForge

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Mar 1 18:54:36 EST 2002

David Bolen <db3l at fitlinxx.com> writes:

> I was trying to look up an old bug entry on SourceForge (based on a
> bug number from some CVS log comments) and can't seem to pull it up.
> Does anyone know if SourceForge expires closed bugs after some time
> duration or something?  Is there any archive available to view old
> bugs?

Normally, they will be kept forever. However, when SF updated the
software to generalize trackers (i.e. making the bug tracker an
instance of a general feature), they had to renumber all existing
bugs. So if you have a bug number below 300000, SF will have
renumbered the bug by now. They used to have a backwards-compatible
URL in place, redirecting to the new report, but they may have
disabled that by now.

Regards,
Martin