Has Mark Hammond attained pariah status yet?

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Mar 13 12:01:51 EST 2002

Max M <maxm at mxm.dk> writes:

> This could also just be a sign that there is interrest, but the people
> using win32all might not be able to publish a build themself?
>
> Not everybody is as knowledgable as Mark, Even though we work on the
> superior Windows platform ;-)

That is part of my complaint (or analysis), though: I certainly don't
expect that every user of Python or a Python port also is expert for
Python's internals. I would hope that a significant user community
would grow experts beyond the initial authors. This has happened for
Python, and this is also what Eric Raymond reports as the basis for
the "publish early, publish often" strategy. *Somebody* needs to get
involved, or contribute - else the author gets (rightfully, IMO) the
impression that he's left alone.

Regards,
Martin