Réf. : Re: R?f. : Re: strange libtk8.3.so: open failed

Francois-regis Chalaoux Francois-regis.Chalaoux at sanofi-synthelabo.com
Mon Mar 4 12:01:04 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm back ;-)

>>What is the difference between this command line and the way
>>you tried to use Tk? What is $LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your command line
>>environment?

This is not easy to get information from the administrator and I don't know very well the sun machines ...

In fact, if root uses the /etc/profile, LD_LIBRARY_PATH contain /usr/local/lib; I canread it. Thus on command line *tk* should be imported. Not verify, I'm not root ...

The administrator tells me that a python process through Apache is started by a root daemon, and that its LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not contain /usr/local/lib. I conclude root daemon should have a particular profile somewhere !? Not clear for me.

Why not add this latest path in LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the root deamon if it is the problem ? The administrator tell me it is not a good idea to do that !!

What do you think ?

FR

phd at phd.pp.ru%internet le 20/02/2002 09:42:30
Veuillez répondre à phd at phd.pp.ru%internet at WTFR
Pour :	Francois-regis Chalaoux/FR-LABEGE/RESEARCH/SANOFI at Research
cc :	python-list at python.org%internet at WTFR

Objet :	Re: R?f. : Re: strange libtk8.3.so: open failed

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 03:23:08PM +0100, Francois-regis Chalaoux wrote:
> * The sun machine is:
> SunOS lads01 5.8 Generic_108528-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
>
> * On command line Dynamic linker find libtk8.3.so and the librairie is there:
>
> lads01 /tmp/Python-2.1.1 % ldd /usr/local/bin/python
>         libtk8.3.so =>   /usr/local/lib/libtk8.3.so

   Looks good. What is the difference between this command line and the way
you tried to use Tk? What is $LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your command line
environment?

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru