[ANN] UNBABTIZED - The language

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Mar 12 00:59:50 EST 2002

Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:

> In article <3C8C0460.993A4F81 at engcorp.com>, Peter Hansen wrote:
> [...]
> >Just posted to the TDD mailing list, coincidentally:
> >
> > http://www.math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html
> >
> >Anyone care to calculate the total for our pet crackpot?  :-)
>
> Well, I can give a reliable lower limit: 50 points.
>
> Just see item 32: "50 points for claiming that you have a
> revolutionary theory but giving no concrete testable predictions."

With slight paraphrasings for the change in industry from physics
to computers, we can also add item 31 (40 points) for how "current
programming methods are a sham and we'll see that once autocoding
is finally appreciated", item 29 (40 points) referring to "the
conspiracy among programmers preventing his work from getting
its deserved fame", item 21 (20 points) for constant references to
the Matrix, item 14 (10 points) for trying to get us all to do the
work for him, and roughly 473 invocations of each of items 4 (3
points each) and 3 (2 points each), to wit: logically inconsistent
and clearly vacuous statements, respectively.

Resulting in a grand total Crackpot Index of about 3471, surely
an all-time record.  Somebody tell John Baez!

-Peter