HP-UX 10.2 deprecated?

Michael Piotrowski mxp at dynalabs.de
Wed Mar 6 17:15:26 EST 2002

weeks at vitus.scs.agilent.com (Greg Weeks) writes:

> Michael Piotrowski (mxp at dynalabs.de) wrote:
> : When the ANSI C compiler is installed, cc always calls this compiler,
> : but without -Aa or -Ae it operates in K&R mode on 10.20.  To ensure
> : that -Ae is always used, you can ... say
> :
> :    CC='cc -Ae' ./configure
>
> With this, "make" does indeed create an executable.  But "make test" fails
> both times on test_threads, dying at the end with:
>
>     test_thread
>     *** Termination signal 14
>
>     Stop.
>
> Oddly enough, signal 14 (ALRM) is ignored the first time "test_thead" is
> listed.

Yes, I'm getting something similar:

test_sha
test_signal
test test_signal crashed -- exceptions.RuntimeError: (22, 'Invalid argument')
test_socket
test_socket_ssl
test test_socket_ssl skipped -- Use of the `network' resource not enabled
test_socketserver
test test_socketserver skipped -- Use of the `network' resource not enabled
test_sre
sh: 20651 Alarm call
*** Error exit code 142

However, I'd guess that this problem's neither in test_thread nor in
test_sre but actually in test_signal (manages to send SIGALRM, but
fails to catch it because it crashes), but I'll have to check that.

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                                  <mxp at dynalabs.de>