Is there a good reason why we cannot (as of 2.1.1) deepcopy complex objects?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Mar 13 04:11:46 EST 2002

idot at vt.edu (Carl Banks) writes:

> Strangely, I've found no mention of this anywhere: the docs, the
> Python FAQ, or the Google archives.

Umm, news to me!  You can in 2.2, which seems to be the first version
(at least since 1.5.2) where this is possible.

I suspect this has gone unnoticed because:
(a) not all that many people use copy.deepcopy
(b) not all that many people us complex numbers.

I don't think I've ever used the copy module for anything, and I've
only used complex objects for playing around interactively.

CHeers,
M.

--
  SCSI is not magic. There are fundamental technical reasons why it
  is necessary to sacrifice a young goat to your SCSI chain now and