chat server

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Mar 29 11:18:13 EST 2002

Henning Peters wrote:

> > Don't reinvent the wheel. Use asyncore.py and asynchat.py, it's
> > part of the standard Python library.
>
> hmm, but it's fun for me to make my own way...

Fun, maybe, but if you don't figure it out for yourself it won't
be very fun.  And if you ask for help and the suggestions are
along the lines of "why bother?  here's a better solution that
doesn't involve us spending lots of time showing you how to
write something unnecessary", then you should probably either
follow those suggestions or go back and figure it out on your
own, the fun way...

-Peter