Deitel and Deitel Book...

DeepBleu DeepBleu at DeepBleu.org
Fri Mar 1 09:13:32 EST 2002

"Dennis Roark" <denro at NSPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message
news:Xns91C39C93F933Edenroearthlinknet at 207.217.77.23...
> Alex Russell <alex at netWindows.org> wrote in
> news:20020227163411.71b4b4d8.alex at netWindows.org:

[....................]
>That the D & D book
> came out in Python was more of an indication of Python going mainstream,
> and for that I celebrate it.

This is the only saving grace of this book.  What is so sad is that they'll
end up making tons of money (to my knowledge, two of their books are
textbooks:  C++ and Java) with their money making publishing machines while
someone like Mark Hammond can not find a job.
Of course not to mention that they may be probably going ahead for plans for
a book on Python (Complete Python Lab maybe) with a CD and start their won
consulting business on Python.  Rediculous!
Then of course we'll see some professors assigning the D & D Python book as
a textbook on a scripting language.  How disgusting!
DeepBleu