Use of select.select

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sat Mar 2 00:58:18 EST 2002

[MShyam]
> Our product embeds python in C++ and in our
> py methods, we use select.select in several
> places. When purifying the executable, we
> find that when select.select(...) is executed,
> we find several BSWs, BSRs, IPWs and IPRs
> (beyond stack writes/reads, invalid pointer
> writes/reads). Has such a problem been reported?
> What's the fix? We're using python 1.5.2.

I strongly advise you try a more recent release (like 2.1.2).  1.5.2 is
nearly 3 years old, never had a bugfix release, and nobody is likely to
remember 1.5.2 details accurately anymore.  More recent versions have also
been run under Insure by other people.

Short of that, I expect you won't get much help.  You can view the CVS
history of selectmodule.c online at

<http://cvs.sf.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/python/python/dist/src/>

then navigate to Modules and then to selectmodule.c.  Revision 2.28 was
released in 1.5.2; it's currently at revision 2.60.