Book Draft Available: Text Processing in Python

Mike Brenner mikeb at mitre.org
Tue Mar 19 10:35:36 EST 2002

David Mertz > ... I am working on a book called _Text Processing in Python_. ...

David, you might consider producing a text_tools.py library: a complete "textual bag of tricks" that you could give to the Python community. The book would then serve as the documentation for that library.

If you decide against this, a second possibility would be for you to focus that book to a user who will develop that library. In that case the book could set the direction and give the basic tools needed to produce the tools.

I will not at this time give a list of what I see as missing, because most of the chapters are not filled in, but it you take either of the above approaches, I will be happy to share what I feel would complete either the bag of tricks or the direction for developing the bag of tricks, when you are close to completing most of the chapters.