Can somebody kill getpathp for me?

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri Mar 1 13:59:55 EST 2002

"Chris Gonnerman" <chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net> writes:

> No, but win32all does (for instance).  The point is, I never want my
> CD-based runtime to ever see the end user's install, if he/she has one.
> The programs I want to run from CD may get psycho if the local version
> has conflicting libraries, and in fact I have already encountered this
> problem (so it's not just theoretical).

You may not technically need to package things up, but if you use
Gordon McMillan's installer (or py2exe as well as I believe), they
will lock down your sys.path to the local installation.  So you could
build an image for your application using one of those tools, and
execute that from the CD.

Of course, this may not be perfect if you want the CD to work on both
Windows and Unix, but it would avoid needing to rebuild a different
python front-end for Windows.

--
-- David