how i use 'ã' in python???

Gerhard Häring gerhard at bigfoot.de
Wed Jun 19 01:10:04 EDT 2002

* jubafre at zipmail.com.br <jubafre at zipmail.com.br> [2002-06-19 01:38 -0300]:
> i´m brazilian, and in my laguage(Portguese) there are many other caracters
> how á, ã, â and a string in python doesn´t support this
> how i can use??? have a import module for this???
>
> BRASILEIROS DA LISTA COMO VCS CONSEGUEM USAR ACENTO NO PYTHON??
>
> for exmple:
> s='ã'
> doesn´t work?why??

You need to give more details than "doesn't work". Most probably there
is no problem with the statement

    s='ã'

but a problem occurs when you try to print a string that contains a
non-ASCII character, right?

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930