Program mysteriously STOPS (Solved)!

LJD ljd at nospam.com
Sun Jun 9 12:11:18 EDT 2002

Thank you to all those who responded!

The problem seemed to be that I was writing output to the console.  When the
program ran after I started it from a console session it worked fine
because there was a place for the ouput to go.

When I started the program from a startup script, the program would run, but
I noticed I never saw any console output.  Apparently, this output built up
somewhere and eventually caused the program to stop.

Once I took the PRINT statement out of the code, the program started via
startup script and ran without quitting.

I am very new to Linux and Python, so I am only surmising that this is what
happened.  All I know is the program now runs "forever" just like I wanted!

Thanks again!!!

Larry