Newbie question (anyone programming with curses?)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Jun 23 12:16:39 EDT 2002

hellboy wrote:

> I'm quite new to Python, but I'm positive that version 2.2 (for Windows)
> comes without curses module, though documentation states it is included.
> import curses gives me "Import Error: no module named curses" message.
> Anyone knows where to download curses module (for Windows)?

A quick google search (http://www.google.ca/search?q=python+curses+windows)
brought up a number of results, including a link to the curses How-To
by Kuchling and Raymond which has this to say:

  "No one has made a Windows port of the curses module. On a Windows
   platform, try the Console module written by Fredrik Lundh."

-Peter