Tkinter and threads

Patricia J. Hawkins phawkins at connact.com
Fri Jun 21 19:01:13 EDT 2002

See Aahz's FibThreaded.py example that accompanies his slides for his
thread talk.

http://starship.python.net/crew/aahz/OSCON2001/index.html

The whole thing is worth reading, but beware, it's really set up for a
speech, not reading -- it's 84 pages with +/- 10 lines of text per
page, and a lot of places where Aahz probably says a whole lot to the
audience, but all you get is "Share external objects: Files, GUI, DB
connections DON'T partial exception: print"

so, um, why is print a _partial_ exception?

Also be aware that the early code examples aren't intended as models,
just as teaching tools -- you don't hit the really useful stuff till
page 48. And the format makes it tough to flip back and forth (not to
mention, tiny amounts of information per page drives me nuts, but
perhaps that's just me) -- and at 84 pages, I'm not going to print it
out to take it downstairs to an armchair and mark it up, which is what
I want to do.  And skimming for what you don't know already is
impossible.

Whinging aside, it's got a lot of meat, and useful solutions for a
number of problems.

--
Patricia J. Hawkins
Hawkins Internet Applications, LLC