Medium to Large Scale Python Deployments

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Thu Jun 6 22:45:51 EDT 2002

Hey, that's a fun little tool (pycount)...

I seem to create projects in libraries of around 20KLOC.  Do projects
accumulate the LOCs of their used libraries though?  Is it only
libraries you have created that count?  If so, I've got 2 projects of
~50KLOC (the top-level projects, and one of the ~20KLOC libraries were
closed-sourced, the rest were my open-source work).

If used libraries don't count, most of my "projects" are ~ 5 thousand
lines of glue code.

Ah well, back to work, thanks for the diversion,
Mike

Peter Hansen wrote:
> "Domenic R. Merenda" wrote:
>
>>"Sam Penrose" <spenrose at intersight.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I'm also curious about large amounts of Python, period. Who knows of
>>>~50K Python lines-of-code (LOC) systems? 100K LOC? More?
> Running pycount (http://starship.python.net/crew/gherman/playground/pycount/ )
> as "pycount.py -R *.py" in the top level of your source tree would tell
> you something more accurate if you wished.
>
> -Peter
   Mike C. Fletcher
   http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/