Newbie that don't understand

Just a dude pollosgbr at netscape.net
Sat Jun 29 17:51:04 EDT 2002

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 17:00:16 GMT, "Martin Ståhl"
<martin.stahl at telia.com> wrote:

>I have never been programming before and now I am reading the

<snip you all know what he said>

I have just [this week] decided to try Python myself. I haven't done
any programming since I had a 48K Specky [except for a little dabble
in Rexx some years back]
I too have started with the "Non-Programmers Tutorial For Python" but
understand [I think] absolute values.

But if I didn't I don't think I'd understand your reply's. I'm sorry I
know the value of these groups and really appreciate the help you all
give freely and I'm very grateful, but for 'Newbies' like myself I
would ask for simple answers if that's possible. Please don't take
this the wrong way but as a beginner what seems easy and obvious to
you is sometimes way over our heads.

>with the output being:
>The absolute values of 23 and 23 are equal"
>
>how can 23 and -23 be equal?

To some this can be a hard concept to grasp. My son is an electronics
design engineer, and I still can't get my head around negative
voltages, how the hell do you get a -12 V supply... to him it's basic

Cheers and thanx for you help Steve.