Socket error problem

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Sun Jun 9 16:45:19 EDT 2002

It knows the username because it got it out of a config file and supplied it
to the initializtion of POP3Server, which is what "serv" is.

I've put print statements around all this before I first tryed the ml, but
here they are again:
    def __init__(self, host, port = POP3_PORT):
        self.host = host
        self.port = port
        msg = "getaddrinfo returns an empty list"
        self.sock = None
        print 'poplib._init__: self.host = %s ' % self.host, 'self.port =
%s' % self.port
        for res in socket.getaddrinfo(self.host, self.port, 0,
socket.SOCK_STREAM):
            af, socktype, proto, canonname, sa = res
            try:
                self.sock = socket.socket(af, socktype, proto)
                self.sock.connect(sa)
            except socket.error, msg:
                print 'poplib.__init__ socket.error msg = %s' % msg
                if self.sock:
                    self.sock.close()
                self.sock = None
                continue
            break
        if not self.sock:
            raise socket.error, msg
        self.file = self.sock.makefile('rb')
        self._debugging = 0
        self.welcome = self._getresp()

And the output is:

K:\tmp\animail>animail -v
Opening Config file: c:/user/dave/.animail/animailrc

Trying to connect (mail.oz.net)
poplib._init__: self.host = mail.oz.net  self.port = 110
poplib.__init__ socket.error msg = (10022, 'Invalid argument')
("Connection error (whisper):  (10022, 'Invalid argument')", 31)

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA