SSE With Swig

Andrew Wilkinson ajw126NO at SPAMyork.ac.uk
Sat Jun 29 16:18:08 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to develop a Vector class that uses Intel's SSE extension. It
works very well when called using c or c++, but when I wrap the class with
Swig I get a privileged instruction exception error (this is under Windows
2000 using MSVC++ 6sp5 with the processor pack installed).

I've included the code below, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Andrew Wilkinson

swig.i
%module Vector
%{
#include "Vector.h"
%}
class Vector
{
public:
 Vector();
 virtual ~Vector();
 Vector* operator+(const Vector *other);
 float x;
 float y;
 float z;
 float w;
};
__
vector.h
class Vector
{
public:
 Vector();
 virtual ~Vector();

 Vector* operator+(const Vector *other);

 __declspec(align(16)) union {
  __m128 v;
  struct {
   float x;
   float y;
   float z;
   float w;
  };
 };
};
---
vector.cpp
#include "Vector.h"
#include <xmmintrin.h>

Vector::Vector()
{
 x = 0.0f; y = 0.0f; z = 0.0f; w = 0.0f;
}

Vector::~Vector()
{

}

Vector* Vector::operator +(const Vector *other)
{
 Vector* r = new Vector;

 r->v = _mm_add_ps(v, (other->v)); // The exception occurs here.

 return r;
}

--
---