can't import generators

John Hunter jdhunter at nitace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Sat Jun 29 16:56:17 EDT 2002

    Aahz> Can't do this in interactive mode.  Use a script

Tried that first -- still a no go

> cat ./test.py
#!/usr/local/bin/python2.2
from __future__ import generators

> ./test.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./test.py", line 2, in ?
    from __future__ import generators
ImportError: cannot import name generators

> /usr/local/bin/python2.2 -V
Python 2.2.1

> /usr/local/bin/python2.2 /usr/local/lib/python2.2/test/test_generators.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/test/test_generators.py", line 1, in ?
    from __future__ import generators
ImportError: cannot import name generators

Any other thoughts?  The only thing slightly non-standard about by
install is that I compiled python2.2 for large file support with

OPT= -ggdb -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

but I can't see that making a difference.

John Hunter