M2Crypto / SimpleXMLRPCServer

Ben Beuchler insyte-clp at emt-p.org
Thu Jun 20 18:40:24 EDT 2002

In article <slrnah2nmh.p18.insyte-clp at petra.bitstream.net>, Ben Beuchler wrote:

> It appears that the SSL part, at least, works great.  I'm able to make a
> connection using xmlrpclib.ServerProxy("https://blah") but the actual
> remote method call hangs indefinitely.
>
> Is my basic premise flawed?  Or just my implementation?

FWIW, strace-ing the client and the server indicates that they're both
blocking on read()ing from the socket.  Of course, since it's all
encrypted, I have no idea what they're waiting for...

On a related note, anyone know how to get OpenSSL (specifically via
M2Crypto) to use a NULL cipher?  Being able to dump the traffic with
Ethereal or something would be damn spiffy.

-Ben

--
Ben Beuchler                                           There is no spoon.
insyte at emt-p.org                                            -- The Matrix