Installation problems DCOracle2 & W2000

Talon talon34 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 26 13:30:31 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1025101359.15602.python-list at python.org>,
 brueckd at tbye.com wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Talon wrote:
>
> > I am having a heck of a time getting DCOracle2 to funcion properly.  I
> > am running on a W2K machine, python2.1.3 and Zope 2.5.1, both of which
> > run just fine.  I installed DCOracle2 and the ZOracleDA under Zope and
> > it works fine.  But standalone python scripts don't see the dco2.py
> > module.  So I tried to install DCOracle2 in the python21/lib folder.  I
> > got that latest version from Zope.org and it said it installed properly.
> > But it doesn't run.  If you try to import it into a script, you get
> > complaints that it can't find this or that module, all of which are part
> > of the Zope path.
>
> Hi Talon,
>
> Some of our development machines use the same configuration you list
> above. You're probably _very_ close, so I'd stick with DCOracle2 if you
> can. Would you mind posting the specific error messages you're getting?
> Also, you mentioned that standalone scripts don't work, but just to be
> clear, using DCOracle2 in Zope _does_ work without problems? (your
> connection object is open, you can browse the database, you can run test
> queries, ZSQL methods, etc.)
>
> If it's working for Zope, then standalone scripts should be able to use
> DCO2 if you include the right directory in your PYTHONPATH environment
> variable, so please tell us what your PYTHONPATH is too.
>
> Good luck,
> Dave

Hi Dave,

OK, here you go:

Path = C:\Python21\;  (I don't have a specific PYTHONPATH variable set.
This is in the general PATH variable)

The error I get is

File "C:\Python21\myfiles\htsa_data_loader_v2.py", line 9, in ?
  import os,sys,re,string,DCOracle2
File "C:\Python21\DCOracle2\__init__.py", line 91, in ?
  import DA
File "C:\Python21\DCOracle2\DA.py", line 90, in ?
  from db import DB
File "C:\Python21\DCOracle2\db.py", line 89, in ?
  import DCOracle2, DateTime
ImportError: No module named DateTime

DateTime is located in C:\Program Files\ZopeDev\lib\python\DateTime

are you suggesting that I put the Zope path into the PATH variable as
well?  DCOracle2 DOES work in Zope, I can do all the things you listed,
I have DTML that queries a db and returns the data.

By the way, I got things to work well with cx_Oracle this morning, so I
do have another option, but I'm very interested in solving this problem.

Thanks for your assistance.

Mark