Socket error problem

Martin v. Löwis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sun Jun 9 07:03:39 EDT 2002

"David LeBlanc" <whisper at oz.net> writes:

> I have this problem on windows where socket.socket(...) keeps returning
> 10022, 'Invalid argument'. It's actually dieing in the
> poplib.POP3.__init__(...) method. I have verified that host is reasonable
> (mymail.myisp.net or something like that ;)), and port is 110.
>
> If I use the test script in poplib.__main__(...) with the correct host, user
> and password, all is well, but if I call it from this other program i'm
> trying to get working I get the above error.
>
> I can't figure out what's wrong - any pointers?

You make it sound like something impossible happens, so it is hard to
recommend a solution (since clearly you are overlooking some piece of
information, which you could not report for the very reason that you
are overlooking it).

I recommend to put a print statement immediately before the call to
socket.socket inside poplib, to see what arguments it actually does
pass to that call.

Please report any information you gain by doing so.

Regards,
Martin