Medium to Large Scale Python Deployments

Michael Chermside mcherm at destiny.com
Fri Jun 14 09:22:52 EDT 2002

Domenic Merenda writes:
>    Michael, I agree with you.  I was formerly the Vice President of Business
> Development for BeOpen.com, while we had PythonLabs there, and I can tell
> you that we were compiling such a list for that very reason.  Using the
> WayBack Machine, I was able to grab the list.  Here ya go:
       [... excellent list of companies using python ...]

Wow... that's GREAT.

I think this should probably be set up as a list that people can easily
contribute to to enhance and update. With that in mind, the entries
should probably have dates, indicating how recently they were updated.
Do you have an estimate of when these were entered?

Domenic Merrenda writes:
>    Let's not call it that. :-)  And I will check upstairs when we get back
> from our vacation to see if it's okay to release the number of lines in the
> code.  Don't be surprised if it's treated like a National Security issue.
> (Shh!  If they know how many lines are in the code, they can CRACK US!)

This may be a more widespread problem... projects where the project
owner (the corporation) does not want to release the information. We
could simply ommit them, or we could list under "<name withheld by
request>". I would welcome any other suggestions. Of course, the best
solution is convincing them that publicizing thier efforts is really to
their benefit, although this may not work in cases like the CIA.

-- Michael Chermside