Wanted: Potential Python Authors

Lothar Scholz llothar at web.de
Wed Jun 12 18:27:19 EDT 2002

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:03:35 -0500, "Jeff Donahoo"
<Jeff_Donahoo at Baylor.edu> wrote:

>I'm looking for somebody to author a short book on Python in my programming
>technology series.  Who do you think would make a great author that hasn't
>already written a book on Python?  Candidates include:

>- Competent and frequent posters to this newsgroup
This can be an indicator.

>- Author of articles in the various trade magazines
You really mean "trade" magazines ?
Normally they are written by marketing peoples who don't
have the competence to write more then a 4 page overview.
Hands off !!!!

>- Expert programmer
No, definitely not. Most programmers are not trained on writing
tutorials or books - and normally they are really bad.
Look more for someone trained as technical writer.