SolarWolf 1.1 Released

Pete Shinners shredwheat at attbi.com
Sun Jun 2 12:44:20 EDT 2002

SolarWolf is a frantic arcade game written in Python, using the Pygame library.

Version 1.1 adds easier gameplay and packs many new features to make the
game funner. New is stereo sound, support for 8bit display, in-game
"comments", and better levels. We've also moved to a website that will be
online more than 2 days per month.

SolarWolf is the recreation of the classic game, SolarFox (as played on my
Atari 2600). You pilot a ship through 48 levels. You must collect the boxes
on screen to advance, and each level provides more challenging layouts. To
keep things difficult, enemies patrol the edges of the screens. They seem
to really enjoy shooting, and in the later levels they become more determined.

SolarWolf requires Pygame-1.5 and Python-2.0. Pygame requires the use of
SDL, and the SDL support libraries SDL_ttf, SDL_image, and SDL_mixer. It
runs on just about every platform available. (with osx support coming as
soon as the latest pygame is compiled for osx)

SolarWolf Website:
http://pygame.org/shredwheat/solarwolf