Advice sought on ps module

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Fri Jun 21 08:53:27 EDT 2002

eddie at holyrood.ed.ac.uk (Eddie Corns) writes:

> P.P.S. Actually it occurs to me there is another solution, namely
> creating the diagram with something else (eg a canvas) and generating
> (presumably bitmapped) PS from that. Though I'm sure you've already
> rejected that idea as being unworthy!

I'd also say, that for good results with more complex layouts you'd need
a more object oriented approach than going straight to postscript.

Personally, I'd do this sort of thing with Sketch, of course, where you
could hook your code into in the GUI or simply use Sketch as a highlevel
vector graphics library for a command line program.

IIRC, reportlab nowadays also has an object oriented graphics/layout
library on top of the pdf generator. ISTR it even can generate EPS
directly.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/