ImportError: cannot import name mm_cfg

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Sat Jun 29 16:03:32 EDT 2002

"Pedro Bados" <pedrobados at eresmas.net> wrote in message

> Hi :
>
>  I am not a python user so I have no idea at all of how I can resolve
this
> problem with mailman. Currently, I get this error each minute ...
>
>    File "/home/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 90, in ?
>     from Mailman.Bouncers import BouncerAPI
>   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Bouncers/BouncerAPI.py", line 32, in ?
>     from Mailman import mm_cfg
> ImportError: cannot import name mm_cfg

Are you a Mailman user?  Or is it there as the result of an RH7x
install?
You can turn off qrunner if you don't use Mailman.

If you use mailman, did it ever work? or are you trying to get it going?
Did it just start breaking?  Did you change something? Which version of
python are you using?  Is there more than one installed?

The reason you got no responses the first time through is that there are
more questions open in your post than any of us can assume to know the
answers to, rendering any response non-responsive.  (as this is ;-)

Provide details.  Your error means the python path can't find
mm_cfg.(py|pyc).  Is there one one your system?  Where is it?  Is it
reachable from python?  Are the permissions OK? How about the
owner:group settings? Etc, etc, etc...

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com