Extension objects in Python 1.5 and 2.2

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Jun 13 08:36:22 EDT 2002

Martin Sjögren <martin at strakt.com> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 09:20:53AM +0000, Michael Hudson wrote:

[Misc/pymemcompat.h]

> > Pleasure!  Be sure to complain if it doesn't work, won't you?
>
> So far it's looking good. I still had to ifdef on the Python version
> since I'd used PyModule_AddObject, but that was easily fixed.

Right.  This header is only about the memory interface.  I guess it
wouldn't be *that* hard to add many of the new API functions to a
compat library, but that project would have much wider scope...

Actually, the real benefit of pymemcompat.h as I see it are the
comments it contains laying down the law about which interfaces to
use.

Cheers,
M.

--
  > Touche! But this confirms you are composed of logic gates.
  Crud, I thought those were neurons in there.
                    -- Thomas F. Burdick, Kenny Tilton, comp.lang.lisp