M2Crypto: select() behaves weird on SSL socket

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Tue Jun 11 20:10:22 EDT 2002

Quoth Irmen de Jong <irmen at NOSPAMREMOVETHISxs4all.nl>:

| If there is a SSL wrapper for plain sockets, isn't there some
| sort of SSL wrapper of select()?

I don't know.  Probably not, but I don't know what's in M2Crypto.

| > I see my reply earlier today followed up a separate thread, after
| > you posted your initial question twice.  If you haven't seen it,
| > a hint:  SSL_pending(self->ssl.)  (I don't know much more than that,
| > anyway.)
|
| I don't know if this function is exposed in M2Crypto... if it is,
| I could probably get my code to work. If it isn't, I don't know
| how to fix it :-(

Assuming I guessed right about what the function does, you either
need it - or you have to redesign your application to use a separate
thread here, where the thread will just read and not care whether
it blocks or not.  (This may be the first time I have ever proposed
threads as a solution in c.l.p., which goes to show what a stupid
problem this is.)

	Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu