python version?

Delaney, Timothy tdelaney at avaya.com
Wed Jun 19 00:01:48 EDT 2002

> From: George Hester [mailto:hesterloli at hotmail.com]
>
> The whole issue started from here.  I did not deserve to be
> told to "crawl
> before I walk."  I may have responded to that inappropriately

Actually, that is a very common phrase which is used to suggest that you
probably don't know enough yet to do what you're trying to do, and so should
work on something simpler first.

So it was indeed very appropriate here.

Every time I learn a new programming language I need to crawl before I walk
- I can't do something complicated until I understand the syntax and
semantics.

In any case, this all started when you did not try to understand the useful
suggestions you were given right from the very first reply to this thread.

I refer you once again to:

which contains *very* useful information for *anyone* when asking questions
(especially in a technical forum). It is not an attempt to ridicule you - it
is an attempt to help you learn what is appropriate and what is expected.

I've already spent far too much time on this myself, but I'm still hoping
you will help yourself.

Tim Delaney