prototyping good OOdesign in Python?

Phlip phlip_cpp at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 3 00:27:46 EDT 2002

>>0. Write a project schedule for management; something like this:
>>   1. Prototype in python
>>   2. Convert to C++
>>1. Prototype in python
>>2. Give a nice demo, and convince management to skip step 2
>>3. Re-implement a few cpu intensive classes in C++

        http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?AlternateHardAndSoftLayers

This means that after prototyping in Python one /incrementally/ refactors
elements into C++ (hopefully via the Boost Python Library). Of course the
speed elements go into C++, as do the elements that bind with legacy C++
stuff.

It's what the Python community already does. We don't crack JPEG files in
Python; we just call into a C layer like imlib, via a binding layer.

--
  Phlip
   http://www.greencheese.org/EvolutionaryPsychology