python and shared libaray

Jesper Olsen jolsen at mailme.dk
Tue Jun 11 05:33:28 EDT 2002

You can not import the .so lib directly - e.g. you need to map python
types to C types when calling functions.

So there is a little more work, but if you are familiar with C it is
not
a big problem.

See the "Writing an extention module" in the standard documentation.

I recommend that you use distutils for installing/compiling your
module.
You can then specify the .so lib so that your C-wrapper code is liked
with the library (see section 3.3.4 in "Distributing Python Modules").

Cheers
Jesper