distutils and distributing "scripts"

Hugo van der Merwe
Wed Jun 5 09:41:23 EDT 2002

I have recently started using distutils. I have a .pyw file for the windows
users, how do I get this to be a part of my ... sdist, for example?

I have added this to the scripts list passed to "setup()", this seems to me
the "correct" place for it (I want to eventually play with py2exe).

It seems "python setup.py sdist" does not add "scripts" by default though,
just the py_modules. The docs seem to confirm this. How do I get my .pyw
file distributed, do I really have to go and do all that MANIFEST.in stuff,
just for this one file?

Thanks,
Hugo van der Merwe